December 14, 2018
xms w xrs - part 1
i'm honored + very happy to present part one of this year's annual christmas-with-kris podcast series! kris hauch (of the band norway house) joins us to celebrate the season along with new stories from his songwriting and collaoration adventures, + a newly released album, goodbye baby blue thing.
its episode 633!
heartfelt thanks to kris hauch, norway house, and all of the song-contributors!
i hope you'll take a listen, enjoy, and visit the related links:
- goodbye baby blue thing - at bandcamp
- norway house - at facebook
- artist bates bates (aka: batesx2) - at facebook
- theme music - at facebook
- kenny loggins (+ messina) - angry eyes
- don't wake me up (live-from-xmas-past)
- secret lovers (live-in-podcast!)
- my heart isn't breaking (live-in-podcast!)
- my heart isn't breaking (album version)
December 07, 2018
re: those failures
the first week of december brings me to episode 632.
it's a short one - just me, some old songs, and a strange sense of resolution.
recognizing the certainty of my (obvious + many) failures brings strange equal and opposite feelings to mind:
1) disappointment + loathing + embarrassment.
2) awe + gratitude for the odd beauty that's still around it.
it's often a lonely feeling,
but we're not alone.
i hope you'll listen.
- mean (demo fom 201?)
- mean (night beach, 2011)
- anyway, i never meant it (factory sessions ep, 2003)
November 30, 2018
the heart of tonight's podcast is anchored by a song i feel good about.
feelings can be hard to make sense of,
and it feels good to stumble on moments that help move us forward,
or portray an element of a truth you can't otherwise explain, or
i hope you know what i mean.
i'd love it if you'd share episode 631 with me.
- i don't wanna be happy (no more), [night beach, 2011]
- crescent city, [2018 demo]
- i been dreaming, [2015 demo of a 2007-ish?? song)
November 23, 2018
episode 630 has landed.
it's me + a few songs + some thoughts about gratitude.
thanksgiving is good thing.
i hope you'll listen.
- a true story of astonishing luck (night beach, 2011)
- * (pick yr battles, 2010)
- outrageous & austere (lost demo, 2014)
November 16, 2018
episode 629 centers around a few songs of regret, loss, love, so on.
i imagine most of us relate to feeling caught between impossible choices, where right and wrong twist into inseparable circles, where it's both and neither, or who knows?? somewhere in-between, i guess.
memories like that can haunt us.
they do me, anyway.
if you can, i hope you'll join me.
- sanchez & 29th (splitting, 2015)
- dragonfly (lost demo, 2015)
- all i know's i got it wrong (lost demo, 2013)